Summary links to Economic data
- The Economic Education Web hosts a website that posts an exhaustive set of links. Duplicates some links below.
- The St. Louis Fed website Federal Reserve Economic Data (FRED) offers aggregate and regional US data.
- Economagic offers an extensive array of data (at a small cost).
- Mark Rogers links an enormous assortment of news and data sources for economic analysis.
Data for the United States
- The U.S. Census Bureau publishes social, demographic, and economic information.
- News releases from the Bureau of Labor Statistics discuss and report recent data on labor markets and consumer and producer price indexes, among other data. A broader set of data is available in searchable form from the BLS Data Bank.
- The Bureau of Economic Analysis home page contains press releases and recent data on Gross Domestic Product, Personal Income, and U.S. International Transactions, among other data series.
- Federal Reserve Statistical Releases include recent data on interest rates, monetary and reserves aggregates, exchange rates, industrial production, capacity utilization, and commercial banking.
Data for the Rest of the World (and the U.S.)
- International Monetary Fund, World Bank, World Trade Organization, United Nations
- Statistics Canada
- Bank for International Settlements (BIS)
- Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
- The country briefings of the Economist magazine.
- The Institute for International Economics
- The U.S. International Trade Commission.
- Official site of the North American Free Trade Agreement.